Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Upcoming Show: Oasis at The Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA - 12/04/08

Oasis lorded over rock in the 90's in the most annoying way possible: I'm sorry, but unpleasant, bickering brothers in the style of the Kinks is not cute to me. And who the fug (at the time) under 30 cares about the Beatles? But I feel it is my duty to alert you all to the Gallagher brothers arriving from England and landing in Los Angeles to play "Wonderwall" for the bajillionth time at the Staples Center on December 4, 2008, which is my father's birthday, by the way. Enjoy!

Though I was and am not their biggest fan, they did have a few tracks that resonated with me. This song in particular, from their first album Definitely, Maybe, I always felt was one of their hardest rocking:



Oasis - Supersonic (1994)

When I was first learning to play guitar, I would play that solo lick after the chorus constantly. This is actually a crackin' tune. Still not going to the show, though.

No comments: