Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Songs The Cramps Taught Us: Lux and Ivy's Favorites


Your 90's-ologist has been mad busy researching 90's lore for this website, so I apologize for the delay in 90's goodness, but I'm almost done and rarin' to give you more juicy tidbits from days gone by.

In the meantime, I have to thank Very Short List for alerting me to New Jersey radio station WMFU's very generous offering of downloading Lux and Ivy's faves! Lux Interior, frontman of The (Illustrious) Cramps, died last month (here's my post for those who missed it),and this seems like such a fitting tribute to a punk rock original.

It seems that Lux and his fab wife and bandmate Poison Ivy named a slew of the musicians and songs that they admired in an interview with WFMU. They've made all 300 songs available for downloading. Very Short List did us a solid and referred us to Phawker Radio, who has very neatly made the files available without convoluted website rigamarole.

I'm pretty psyched about diving into these tunes. Enjoy!

No comments: