Saturday, February 28, 2009

Soundtrack of Your Life: Skee-Lo - "I Wish"


SKEE- LO - "I WISH" from the 1995 album of the same name

Your 90's-ologist just had to stop and reminisce about this quintessential mid-90's summer hip-hop hit song. It showed up in the exceedingly silly 2007 film "Ping Pong Playa" that I'm watching as I figure out how to save my sick cactus (don't ask). It brightened my mood instantly.

What alot of people will remember about Californian rapper Skee-lo and this song is the fantastically funny and thoroughly 90's video in which he parodied Forrest Gump sitting on the park bench. Unfortunately, I will not be able to show you that wonderful video personally, but you can and must find it here.

I just remember this song being one of those feel-good tunes that accompanied long, hot summer days and nights, humid with youthful expectation and joy. Please enjoy the song here:

No comments: