Tuesday, May 5, 2009

There is still time to catch No Doubt on their 2009 tour!


NO DOUBT - NEARLY EVERYWHERE IN THE U.S. - 2009

OK, so I dropped the ball on letting you guys know about their impressive multiple-night stint in the Los Angeles area recently. As Cher from "Clueless" might say: my bad.

In truth, I have been avoiding the No Doubt issue, but as Your 90's-ologist, I would be completely remiss if I did not tell you that Mrs. Rossdale and Co. will be performing their ska/reggae/punk/dance/rock fusion on May 19 in Fresno, CA at the Save Mart Center, on the Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel shows (May 19 and 20, respectively), and on May 22 in San Diego at the Cricket Wireless Ampitheatre. To find dates outside of So Cal and where to buy tickets, consult the No Doubt official website.

No Doubt was kind of like the bane of my existence as a punk rock chick back in the day. Every girl I knew salivated like Pavlov's dog the second Gwen Stefani's now-famous warble spilled out from their Walkman, or when the "Don't Speak" video played for the 1,000,000th time with Gwen in that blue sundress, looking like Madonna in her 1993 "Bad Girl" mode.





Tell me you don't see it...



Now that I'm over my need to be punker than you, I quite enjoy a sprinkling of No Doubt here and there, and I admit that Gwen's solo catalogue is often deliriously catchy. Chris Rock agrees with me here.

In fact, it's been easy to admire No Doubt ad infinitum with their generous gift of their entire discography on MP3 when one purchases top-tier tickets on this tour.

No Doubt made an appearance on the Today Show on May 1st and here's the video to prove it:





I love that Gwen and the gang are rockin' their Fred Perrys. Oi! Oi! Oi!

No comments: