Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day! The 90's wants you to Rock The Vote!



In the 90's, it was all about "Rock The Vote..." If you love this country like I do, and value your role as an upstanding citizen in a democratic society, then indulge in your right to vote!! And this being the United States of America, there is no better incentive than free ice cream and coffee! If you bring your "I Voted" sticker to Ben and Jerry's and Starbucks today, they'll give you a free scoop of ice cream and a tall order of coffee, respectively. For more information you ice cream addicts, click here. Coffeeholics, click here.

Please also check out the wonderful site Ballotpedia which will help you sort out all those damn propositions and judicial nominees on your ballot. I, poli sci geek that I am, was totally jazzed to find out about this site, so I hope that it helps you.

Check out the polling site FiveThirtyEight.com for electoral projections. This will come in handy if you are anything like me, and will be having tiny little heart attacks all day checking for the election results. The website Real Clear Politics is good for obsessive poll checking too.

Full disclosure: I have a Political Science degree, and elections are like the Super Bowl for me, and with this election, considering its incredible historical implications, today is Christmas Day in my mind. I hope that you enjoy the day like I will, regardless of whom you choose to be your next President!


BARACK THE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: