Friday, November 14, 2008

Protest 8 in LA: Nov 15th

Protest 8 in LA: Nov 15th

Those of you who do check in to my blog may have noticed that the content often turns toward the political. I try not to browbeat anyone, because to each his own, and this blog is about having fun and remembering good times, but if there's anything the 90's instilled in me, it's that it's important not to be apathetic about the way that your world is being formed. If the Powers That Be are handing down some truly irrational, and, not to mention, unconstitutional nonsense in your community, speak up! It is your right to be heard by those that are given the power to determine YOUR rights. Democracy now!

If you were also kinda bummed out inside the day that the Obama Nation was born because of the seemingly imminent passage of Prop 8 (which will amend the state constitution to restrict the definition of marriage to that between a man and a woman, overturning the current legality of homosexual marriage in CA), never fear! Protest is here!! Please join the National No 0n Prop 8 Protest tomorrow, Saturday, November 15. I'm just hearing about this myself, but we're just in time. I love a good protest in the morning, so I will be down at L.A. City Hall at 10:30 am with bells on!! Here is some national info on a No on Prop 8 protest near you, and here is some State of California-oriented info. I believe that Prop 8 is a hateful, deplorable initiative, now with the extra-crunchy flavor against those damn churchgoin', homophobic black people that voted yes. It certainly couldn't have been the 22 million funded by the Mormon Church that was spent on Yes on 8 propaganda that could have swayed votes, could it? But finger-pointing gets us nowhere. This is about equality under the law. That should be enough to pull us away from our breakfast cereal tomorrow morning and on our feet for the cause. I hope I see you there!

No comments: