Saturday, January 17, 2009

Soundtrack of Your Life: Mint Condition - "Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)"


MINT CONDITION - "BREAKIN' MY HEART (PRETTY BROWN EYES)" From the 1991 album, "Meant To Be Mint"

I have to thank my favorite gossip site, Bossip, for jumpstarting the ol' memory on this song. Mint Condition was a contemporary R&B group that fell under the same umbrella as other "New Jack Swing" groups of the early Nineties like Jodeci, Guy, Blackstreet, LeVert, Brownstone and K-Ci & JoJo. 1991's "Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)" was one of those junior high school dance jams for New York kids...hearing this or any other hit single by one of these groups and I am instantly 12 again. It is fun, however, to go back and hear how these guys could SANG. Back then, talent was actually enough to get quite a few folks by, and we are all better for it.

Here is a live video of "Pretty Brown Eyes..." Put on a Hypercolor shirt and enjoy!

No comments: