Thursday, October 16, 2008

See You At The Show: Monster Magnet at Central Maine Civic Center, 1998



You know, in posting about the upcoming Danzig show, it got me to thinking about memorable metal days, and one show that I saw at the Central Maine Civic Center stood out. It had White Zombie as the headliner, and what I believe was Slayer, with Monster Magnet as the opener. My college boyfriend and I had alot of fun laughing at Dave Wyndorf's egomaniacal stage persona. I mean, you were supposed to laugh at this preening guy with the impossibly big guns that was actually obviously a geek of some kind. It perfectly matched the outsized 70's Southern buttrock style that Monster Magnet played at the time.

Enjoy the edited version of the 1998 hit single, "Space Lord..." I chose the edited version because I find the phrase "motha motha" quite amusing. This video is a great confluence of the two musical genres that ruled the 90's. Plus anything ranking on P. Diddy deserves its place:



I also kind of have to prove that these guys weren't one hit wonders...Here's a live version of "Negasonic Teenage Warhead" from the 1995 album, "Dopes to Infinity:"

No comments: